Wisconsin Guild of Midwives Scholarship Fund
Advancing midwifery opportunities for future and current Licensed Midwives in Wisconsin
The Wisconsin Guild of Midwives (WGOM) is offering scholarship funding to support the growth and development of Licensed Midwifery in the state of Wisconsin. This scholarship can be used for multiple purposes, including but not limited to, primary midwifery education, advanced educational opportunities, and individual research and scholarship.
Priority shall be given to persons of color pursuing primary midwifery education in the State of Wisconsin. Second priority shall be given to midwifery students or Temporary Permit Holders (TPH) committed to serving underserved populations in the state of Wisconsin. These populations shall include, but are not limited to, communities of color, low-income families, plainclothes communities, and other communities demonstrating a need for midwifery care. Third priority would be given to student midwives or TPH in support of all primary midwifery education. Fourth priority would be given to Licensed Midwives in current practice and/or Guild Members working to enhance and expand midwifery care in the state of Wisconsin.
Scholarship money shall not be used for midwifery equipment or supplies.
A total of $1000.00 toward scholarship shall be awarded every 6 months, with the preference of splitting the scholarship into multiple smaller scholarship amounts.
Application Submission Guidelines
There are semi-annual deadlines for application submission. The first submission deadline is the second Friday of May, and the second deadline is the second Friday in November. Scholarships applications will be accepted throughout the year, with final decisions for each time period made within 1 month after the submission deadline.
- Must be a member of the Wisconsin Guild of Midwives, and serving Wisconsin residents.
- For academic applications, the student shall be enrolled in a midwifery education program or participating in the Portfolio Evaluation Process (PEP).
- For professional development, the applicant shall be a TPH or Licensed Midwife in Good Standing.
- Interested parties will complete a full application with every application for scholarship. Priority shall be given as above, and to applicants who have not been awarded a previous WGOM scholarship.
Review and Reward Process
- Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee between the months of September and May, according to the deadlines listed above. Qualifying applications will be vetted in order of the scholarship’s funding priorities. All applications will be considered by the Scholarship Committee, and the WGOM board will vote on the final candidates.
- The Awardee will be notified by email or phone call and funding will be issued via check by mail.
- If no qualifying applications are received in a review period, funding will roll into the subsequent review period, with the possibility of a larger scholarship or multiple full scholarships in the following review period.
- The award recipient will communicate with the scholarship committee at 6-month and 12-month markers to check-in on funding effectiveness and provide feedback on the scholarship process.
To apply for a scholarship, please complete the application here.